Fresh Tomato Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A lively fresh tomato salad to bring pizzazz to any meal.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 -- sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla), slivered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 -- fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine and gently toss all ingredients. Serve with Crispy Herbed Chicken with Prosciutto. Serves 4.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.