Linguine with Clam Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8ounces dried linguine
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon bottled crushed garlic or 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1can (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1can (6 1/2 ounce) whole or minced clams, undrained
- 1can (6 1/2 ounce) whole or minced clams, drained
- 3/4cup 1% low fat milk
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain and return to the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and asparagus and cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, raise the heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the asparagus softens, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the milk and flour in a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Add the milk mixture, one can of drained clams, and one can of undrained clams to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer and stir gently until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the linguine and toss to combine. Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.