Linguine with California Walnut Lemon Cream Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Zesty lemon and crunchy California walnuts make this quick pasta scrumptious and satisfying.
Garnish with extra grated lemon peel and walnut halves. For a heartier dish, add thinly sliced grilled chicken breast.
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 pound linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried)
- 1/2 cup toasted*, chopped California Walnuts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In small saucepan, stir together cream and lemon peel; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by one-third, about 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add mushrooms and thyme; sauté until lightly browned. Drain pasta and toss with mushrooms, cream, walnuts and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with parsley.