Linguine with Boscaiola Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2pound bacon, cut into pieces
- 1/2pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3-- garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon basil
- 1can (1-pound) peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1pound linguine or other pasta
- 1/2cup olive oil
- -- Romano cheese
- Fry bacon; drain and set aside in saucepan. Saute mushrooms, garlic, and red pepper in small amount of bacon drippings. Drain; add to bacon. Stir in salt, basil, and tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes. Cook pasta in 3 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain; toss in large bowl with olive oil. Spoon into large soup bowls; top with sauce. Serve with grated Romano cheese, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Fort Lauderdale’s Sunny Side Up (Fort Lauderdale, Fl., 1980).