Linguine Frittata with Corn and Blue Cheese
- Yield 5 servings
An easy but delicious skillet dinner for busy nights—serve with salad and bread.
Serve with tomato salsa.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek, white and light green parts (1 medium leek)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped summer squash (2 medium squash)
- 5 -- eggs
- 1/3 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces linguine, cooked according to package directions (2 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (3 ears)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and squash; cook, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in linguine, corn and blue cheese. Pour over squash mixture in skillet. Cover and cook 12 minutes, or until top is set.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Sprinkle frittata with mozzarella and broil 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.