Weeknight Frittata with Corn and Blue Cheese
- Yield: 5 servings
Serve with tomato salsa.
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1cup thinly sliced leek, white and light green parts (1 medium leek)
- 2cups coarsely chopped summer squash (2 medium squash)
- 5 eggs
- 1/3cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5ounces linguine, cooked according to package directions (2 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 1/2cups corn kernels (3 ears)
- 1/2cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and squash; cook, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in linguine, corn and blue cheese. Pour over squash mixture in skillet. Cover and cook 12 minutes, or until top is set.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Sprinkle frittata with mozzarella and broil 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 374
- Fat 18g
- Saturated Fat 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6g
- Monounsaturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 245mg
- Sodium 648mg
- Potassium 416mg
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 20g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 21%
- Vitamin C 22%
- Calcium 27%
- Iron 15%