- 1 1/2cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3cups granulated sugar
- 6large eggs, at room temperature
- 3cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon almond extract
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4cup powdered sugar, optional for garnish
Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan. Dust pan with flour to prevent sticking.
- To prepare cake, in a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together on low speed for about 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs alternately with flour, mixing well after each addition. Add salt, vanilla, almond extract, lime juice and peel. Mix until combined. Be careful to not overbeat. If you do it could dry the cake out.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes. Turn onto cake plate. While cake is still warm prick top with toothpicks and pour hot glaze over warm cake.
- To prepare glaze, combine granulated sugar, butter and lime juice in a sauce pan, bring to a boil; continue to boil 1 minute. Drizzle slowly over warm cake. Let cake cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar, if using.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 400
- Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 118mg
- Sodium 105mg
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 5g