Lime Shrimp in Tortillas
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2tablespoons defatted chicken broth OR seafood stock, less salt
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon parsley flakes or cilantro
- 1pound fresh peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1small onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2-- green bell pepper, sliced
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 8-- warm 6- to 8-inch flour tortillas
- -- Optional topping: salsa, shredded reduced fat cheese, light sour cream or yogurt.
- Combine lemon or lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, pepper, salt, and parsley falkes in zippered plastic bag. Add shrimp and marinate 15 to 30 minutes. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 2 teaspoons olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Add shrimp to skillet and cook 5 to 8 minutes until done. Serve with tortillas and desired toppings.
Variation: To make this a Shrimp Fajitas dish add 2 teaspoons chili powder and 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin to the marinade and proceed with recipe as above.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Baton Rouge’s River Road Recipes III (Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1994).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 193
- Fat 5.6g
- Cholesterol 87mg
- Sodium 275mg