- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4tablespoons garlic
- 4 individual chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced, plus 1 tablespoon of sauced reserved
- 1/2cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 2cups cooked rice
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ears corn, grilled and cut off the cob
- 1/2cup diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add oil, garlic, chipotle peppers, and reserved sauce.
- Cook just until fragrant and garlic begins to soften, about 3-5 minutes,
- Add lime juice and cook down for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp, flipping once, and cooking just until pink. Sauce should start to thicken as shrimp cook.
- To serve, in a large skillet, layer rice, beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, lime wedges and tortillas.
- Serve with any additional toppings you desire (salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc.)
This recipe from A Happy Food Dance and Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Chipotle Lime Shrimp Skillet.