Lime Quinoa with Black Beans, Scallions and Feta
- Yield servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- 1/3 cup dry quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 small whole garlic clove, peeled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup black beans (if you are using canned beans, be sure to drain and rinse them well)
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine quinoa, water and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, mix in a large bowl the green onion, black beans, feta, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is cooked, use a spoon to mash the garlic clove and stir it around in the quinoa.
- Add the quinoa to the bean mixture and stir. Add more lime juice if you feel the need.
Recipe courtesy of Teri Zawrotny, a food, fitness, and fashion enthusiast. She is a certified group fitness instructor, an accomplished runner, an amateur chef, and an Instagram fashionista. Visit her blog A Foodie Stays Fit.