Lime Cilantro Chicken Tacos
- Yield 4 servings
Rotisserie chicken gives you a jump-start on an easy dinner with Tex-Mex flair.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups roughly shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk together lime juice and rind, soy sauce, cilantro, and cumin in a large bowl. Add shredded chicken; toss.
- Wrap stacked tortillas in foil, and place in oven to warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and peppers; sauté over high heat until browned, about 12 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Spoon chicken mixture and bell pepper mixture down center of each tortilla.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.