Lime and Cilantro Marinated Portobellos
- Yield 2 servings
Portobello mushrooms have become so popular you can find them in most supermarket produce sections.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro (8 to 10 sprigs)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 2 (6-inch) portobello mushroom caps
- Combine all ingredients except mushroom caps in a zip-top plastic bag and mix well. Add mushroom caps, toss to coat and then let marinate at least 30 minutes. Remove mushroom caps from marinade and place on a broiler pan and broil about 4 inches from the heating element 5 minutes on each side. Alternatively, heat on a charcoal or gas grill. Brush grill rack with oil and place over hot fire. Grill mushroom caps 4 to 6 minutes per side, brushing periodically with marinade.