Lightning Chile Cheese Bread
- Yield 9 pieces
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 35 mins
- 1 package (15 ounces) cornbread mix
- 3/4 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 -- can (17 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 -- egg
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
In mixing bowl combine cornbread nix and walnuts.
Add remaining ingredients: mix just until blended. Spread in greased 8-inch square baking pan.
Bake in 425F oven 35 to 45 minutes until golden and pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool.
Cut into 3-inch squares.