Lighter Berry Cheesecake
- Yield 10 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 55 mins
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 pound 2% reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces block reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups strawberries or blackberries
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam or orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 300F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cracker crumbs, 2 teaspoons sugar and butter. Press evenly on bottom of pan.
- Place cheeses in bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. Add 3/4 cup sugar, sour cream, flour, eggs, egg whites and vanilla; process until smooth. Pour into pan and bake 55 minutes or until just set. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate several hours to overnight.
- For topping, remove rim from pan and arrange berries on top of cake. Stir jam with a whisk until smooth. Spoon over fruit. Some berries will not be entirely covered.
—Recipe by Jean Kressy