Light Georgia Pecan Pie with Honey Pecan Topping
- Yield 10 servings
Georgia Pecan pie always pops up as a favorite. This simple, light six-ingredient recipe will quickly win your heart with a show-stopping Honey Pecan Topping.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell or prepared rolled pie dough (formed into a 9-inch pie pan)
- Honey Pecan Topping:
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup Georgia pecan halves
- Preheat oven 375F.
- To make the pie: In mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, corn syrup, flour and vanilla until creamy. Stir in Georgia pecans. Pour into pie shell, bake 40 to 50 minutes, until pie is set.
- To make the topping: In small pot, combine brown sugar, butter and honey. Cook over low heat until comes to a boil, stirring. Stir in Georgia pecans. Remove from heat.
- During last 5 minutes of the pie’s baking, remove pie from oven, spread topping evenly over top. Return to oven. Broil until topping is bubbly and golden brown, watching carefully.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission