Light Georgia Pecan Pie with Honey Pecan Topping
- Yield 10 servings
Georgia Pecan pie always pops up as a favorite. This simple, light six-ingredient recipe will quickly win your heart with a show-stopping Honey Pecan Topping.
- 2 -- eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 1 -- (9-inch) unbaked pie shell or prepared rolled pie dough (formed into a 9-inch pie pan)
- Honey Pecan Topping:
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup Georgia pecan halves
- Preheat oven 375F.
- To make the pie: In mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, corn syrup, flour and vanilla until creamy. Stir in Georgia pecans. Pour into pie shell, bake 40 to 50 minutes, until pie is set.
- To make the topping: In small pot, combine brown sugar, butter and honey. Cook over low heat until comes to a boil, stirring. Stir in Georgia pecans. Remove from heat.
- During last 5 minutes of the pie’s baking, remove pie from oven, spread topping evenly over top. Return to oven. Broil until topping is bubbly and golden brown, watching carefully.