United States Potato Board
- 1 1/2pounds fingerling potatoes, assorted colors
- 1tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 1/2cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2cup roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/3cup roughly chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4cup capers, rinsed
- Celery curls, optional*
- Simmer potatoes until tender; drain and cool. Cut in half widthwise.
- In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard and lemon zest. Slowly whisk in oil; season with salt and pepper. Fold in potatoes and remaining ingredients, except celery curls; adjust seasoning. Marinate for a few hours. Mound in bowl or on individual salad plates; garnish with celery curls.
Note: To make celery curls, with vegetable peeler, shave celery into long strips. Place in ice water for several hours or until strips curl.
For a complete meal: Stir 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken, or 3 coarsely chopped hard-cooked eggs, into salad.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 194
- Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 416mg
- Potassium 545mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 3g