Lettuce Wrapped Hoisin-Glazed Mussels
- Yield 8 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup peeled and seeded cucumber, shopped
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons mined mint leaves
- 12 -- Boston or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Place mussels in large pot and set over high heat. Add 1 inch of water; cover and steam mussels for 5 minutes. Set aside, covered, and let rest of about 5 minutes; then pour into a roasting pan.
- Remove mussels from shells and place in mixing bowl. Whisk together hoisin sauce, fresh ginger, mustard and garlic; add to the mussels, blending well. Add green onions, cucumber, carrot and mint leaves, tossing gently to blend well. Serve mussel mixture wrapped in lettuce leaves.
Recipe Courtesy of Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina