Lettuce Wrapped Hoisin-Glazed Mussels
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 1/2pounds mussels, cleaned
- 1/3cup hoisin sauce
- 1tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/4cup diced green onions
- 1/4cup peeled and seeded cucumber, shopped
- 1/4cup finely shredded carrot
- 2tablespoons mined mint leaves
- 12-- Boston or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Place mussels in large pot and set over high heat. Add 1 inch of water; cover and steam mussels for 5 minutes. Set aside, covered, and let rest of about 5 minutes; then pour into a roasting pan.
- Remove mussels from shells and place in mixing bowl. Whisk together hoisin sauce, fresh ginger, mustard and garlic; add to the mussels, blending well. Add green onions, cucumber, carrot and mint leaves, tossing gently to blend well. Serve mussel mixture wrapped in lettuce leaves.
Recipe Courtesy of Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina