Lentil Turkey Salad with Feta Cheese
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
Use your favorite herbs and vegetables in this adaptable salad. Rotisserie chicken works well too.
- 1 1/4cups dried lentils
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1cup diced cucumber
- 1-- jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 8ounces smoked turkey breast, shredded
- Place lentils in a large saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above lentils, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir with a whisk until blended. Add to lentils. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno, cheese and turkey; toss gently.