- Yield: 8 servings
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4cups chopped small eggplants
- 4cups chopped zucchini
- 4cups chopped carrots
- 3/4cup dried Puy lentils
- 1can (28 oz/796 ml) plum (Roma) tomatoes
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2cup water
- 1teaspoon dried parsley
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2teaspoons salt
- In a pot, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add remaining oil to pot. Stir in eggplant, zucchini, carrot, lentils, plum tomatoes, tomatoes, water, parsley, basil, oregano, bay leaves and salt and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often for 10 to 20 minutes, until vegetables are cooked to your taste. You can add a little water if you want a more juicy ratatouille. Discard bay leaves.
Tip: Cut your vegetables in large pieces so that they are pleasing to bite into.
–Excerpted from “The Best 30-Minute Vegetarian Recipes” by Marie-Claude Morin, Robert Rose Inc. 2011.www.robertrose.ca. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.