Lemony Tomato Basil Pasta
- Yield 4 servings
A lemony tomato pasta that must not, under any circumstances, be served with Parmesan cheese. Dollops of fresh ricotta would be a lovely addition though.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 -- (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 -- (16-ounce) box cooked linguine
- 2 -- lemons, juice only
- Cook butter in a large skillet until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add basil and tomatoes, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and lemon juice; cook 5 minutes.