Lemony Chicken and Red Grape Salad
- Yield 6 servings
To make this creamy chicken salad even quicker, use rotisserie or packaged chicken.
James Boyce, chef of Studio at Montage Resort and Spa in Laguna Beach, Calif., admits that some children seem to have an aversion to little green pieces in their food. If your kids don’t like herbs, simply omit them. To make this even quicker, use rotisserie or packaged chicken.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts (preferably organic)
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Yogurt Dressing:
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced green apple
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- Pita bread
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, lemon juice and zest and juice, thyme and garlic and let sit in the refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove chicken from bowl and season with pepper and salt. Using an outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan, cook over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Cool and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- To make the dressing, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, apples, vinegar, parsley, basil and grapes; mix well. Add cooked chicken and let sit in the refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Cut pita in half and stuff with chicken salad.
Recipe by Chef James Boyce