Lemony Asparagus and Chicken Pasta Toss
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
Just as good cold as hot, this dish is great for a picnic or for lunch at work.
- 2cans (14-ounce) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12ounces frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6ounces uncooked short pasta (rotini or penne)
- 1/2pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4cup prepared pesto
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add frozen chicken. Return to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 22 minutes. Remove chicken from broth, cool and shred.
- Increase heat to high and bring broth to a boil. Stir in pasta and continue to cook, uncovered, 6 minutes. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture and return to skillet. Add shredded chicken, pesto, lemon juice and pepper; toss gently.
Recipe by Nancy Hughes
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 740mg
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 34g