Lemongrass, Chicken, and Peanut Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound 1cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 bird’s eye chile, seeded and finely diced
- 1 each red and green mild chile, cut into thin shreds
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, leaves coarsely chopped
- 12 fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 2 gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken, onion, cucumber, chiles, cilantro, and mint.
- Make the dressing: In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and peanut butter, thinning it down with a little water if too thick. Mix the dressing into the salad.
- Scatter gem lettuce leaves on to individual plates. Spoon the salad over the lettuce leaves and garnish with diced tomato and chopped peanuts, and serve with lime wedges.
From The Essential Diabetes Cookbook: Good Healthy Eating From Around the World by Antony Worrall Thompson.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 272
- Fat 8.3
- Saturated Fat 2.2
- Sodium 388
- Carbohydrate 8.6
- Fiber 1.9
- Sugars 7.3
- Protein 41.4