Lemon Yogurt Cupcakes
- Yield 12 servings
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup golden superfine sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 12-cup cupcake or muffin pan with small silicone or paper bake cases.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat until smooth, then spoon the batter into the bake cases. Bake the cakes in the oven for 18 minutes, or until risen, golden, and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Reprinted with permission from QuickCook Low Fat by Jo McAuley, Hamlyn.