Lemon-Walnut Tea Loaves
- Yield: 24 servings
- 4ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2cup (4-ounces) Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese, softened
- 1/2cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4cups flour
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 3/4cup milk
- 2/3cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1teaspoon lemon zest
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, Mascarpone and butter until soft and creamy. Gradually add 1 1/4 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to Cream Cheese mixture alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix after each addition; stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into 2 buttered and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3-inch loaf pans or 6 mini loaf pans (5×3-inch). Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Reduce cooking time for mini loaves to 25 to 35 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice, stirring until smooth; drizzle slowly over hot loaves. Sprinkle additional lemon zest over, if desired. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board