Lemon Tequila Pie
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Try this refreshing lemon pie on a hot summer day.
- 24 graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl and mix well. Press over the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie plate. Whisk the eggs and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan. Whisk in the lemon juice and tequila. Bring just to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Pour into the prepared crust. Mix the sour cream and granulated sugar in a bowl and spread over the lemon filling. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Junior League of Lake Charles Marshes to Mansions (Junior League of Lake Charles, Louisiana, 2007).