Lemon Sweet Potato Casserole
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Make this lemon lover’s easy, low-fat sweet potato casserole by simply tossing the ingredients together into one dish.
Use a food processor for a quick method to shred sweet potatoes.
- 6 cups shredded peeled sweet potatoes (yams) (3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (4-serving) box instant lemon pudding and pie filling
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine all ingredients in 2-quart oblong casserole dish.
- Cover tightly with foil, bake 1 hour. Remove foil, continue cooking 20 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.