Lemon Spinach with Toasted Pistachios
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 15 mins
This quick side dish of lemony spinach is packed with nutrition.
Curly spinach has a firmer texture and holds up better than flat or baby spinach in this recipe.
- 2 pounds curly spinach
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind (2 lemons)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove stems from spinach and discard. Wash leaves well and pat dry.
- Toast pistachios in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat until slightly fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Heat oil in a very large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven. Add half the spinach and cook over high heat until wilted, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Add remaining spinach. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add grated lemon rind and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pistachios.
Recipe by Rozanne Gold.
For a complete menu featuring Lemon Spinach with Pistachios, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.