Lemon Snap Icebox Pie
- Yield 10 servings
This layered lemon icebox pie is cool and refreshing—the perfect summer dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cream Cheese Layer:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Lemon Curd Layer:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Lemon slices
- Chopped fresh mint leaves
- To prepare crust, combine crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- To prepare cream cheese layer, combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Purée until very creamy. Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate.
- To prepare curd, combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until curd is thick (about 5 minutes). Let cool completely. Spoon over chilled pie. Top pie with thin lemon slices and sprinkle with extra sugar.
Recipe by Mary Carter