- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 6 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, cored and cut into 4 strips
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Add asparagus and cabbage; toss to coat. Spread evenly in a baking pan. Roast about 10 minutes, turning once, until crisp-tender.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, orange juice, sherry and ginger in a bowl; stir well. Add orange sections.
- Arrange asparagus and cabbage on a platter and top with orange mixture. Garnish with green onions.
From Foster’s Market Cookbook by Sara Foster.