Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Yield 12 to 16 pieces
These light, fruit-filled muffins are great for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (if frozen, no syrup)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix flour, sugar and baking powder, mixing well.
- Combine milk, oil, lemon extract, egg and egg whites, until well blended. Combine with dry ingredients then fold in raspberries and lemon rind.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners and fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 18-23 minutes. Let muffins rest 5 minutes before removing from pan.