Lemon, Raisin and Coconut Snow Cookies
- Yield: 24 pieces
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 17 minutes
A deliciously different sweet and tart cookie.
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1large egg
- 1 1/3cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 3teaspoons finely grated lemon rind, divided
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2cup Golden California Raisins
- 1/2cup shredded coconut
- 1cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir butter and cheese with a wooden spoon until smooth
- Stir in sugars until mixed. Beat in egg. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, 2 teaspoons lemon rind and lemon juice. Fold in raisins and coconut.
- Drop dough by 2-tablespoon scoops onto baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 17 minutes, or until light golden around the edges.
- In a blender on high speed, mix the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon rind and confectioner’s sugar. Dust over cookies on all sides while still warm.