Lemon Pudding Cake
- Yield: 6 servings
This recipe from Glenda Barber of St. James, Mo., yields a light cake layer over a rich lemon pudding. It is wonderful served warm or cold with fresh berries or a raspberry sauce. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice in this yummy dessert.
- 3tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1cup sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 to 1/2cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease a 9x 5-inch loaf pan or a 6-cup soufflé dish.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Separate eggs yolks and whites. Add yolks to butter mixture and beat well. Add lemon juice, salt and flour; beat well. Add milk; stir until well blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into lemon mixture. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, covering with foil for the last 10 minutes if the top gets too brown. Serve warm or chilled with berries. Serves 6.
Recipe by Glenda Barber, St. James, Mo.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 220
- Fat 10g
- Sodium 160mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 6g