Lemon-Pesto Chicken Wings
- Yield 4 servings
Skip the barbecue sauce and try pesto instead as a sauce for baked chicken wings.
- 4 pounds chicken wings, tips removed
- 3/4 cup store-bought basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -- lemon, zested and juiced
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Place wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until wings are well browned and crispy.
- While wings are roasting, combine pesto, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and lemon zest (the peel without any of the white pith) in a bowl large enough to hold all wings.
- When wings are finished, remove from oven and place in pesto mixture. Toss to coat well.