Lemon Pepper Basil Vegetables with White Beans
- Yield 4 servings
Try these beans baked with a little cheese on a French baguette. Or serve over rice, orzo or couscous.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 -- red onion, chopped
- 1 -- carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup 1-inch lengths green beans
- 1 cup thin asparagus, ends discarded, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- -- Water, optional
- 3 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 -- (15 1/2-ounce) can white beans (cannelini or navy), drained and rinsed.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- -- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots, peppers, green beans, asparagus and broccoli 5 to 6 minutes, adding a sprinkling of water if necessary to prevent sticking. Add garlic, lemon pepper and white beans; continue to saute 1 minute. Add basil and season with salt. You can serve as is or transfer to a baking dish, top with cheese and broil 3 minutes until cheese is melted.