Lemon Pasta with Chicken and Zucchini
- Yield 8 servings
This satisfying pasta looks and tastes as fresh as it sounds.
- 5 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -- (6-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinned, boned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 -- garlic clove, crushed
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 cups cooked lemon-flavored pasta, drained
- Saute the zucchini in olive oil in a large skillet until tender. Remove the zucchini from the skillet with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add the chicken, onion and garlic to the dripping in the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or unti the chicken is tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the whipping cream. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce is reduced by about one-third.
- Add the sauteed zucchini, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and the cooked pasta; mix well. Cook until heated through. Serve sprinkles with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Note: Serving this pasta dish in individual shallow heated serving bowls makes it easier to eat and retains the heat for a longer time.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Huntsville’s Sweet Home Alabama (Huntsville, Al., 1995).