Lemon-Parsley Broiled Scallops
- Yield 4 servings
Make sure not to overcook the scallops.
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place the scallops in a shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Combine the lemon juice, water, olive oil, parsley, lemon zest, garlic and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the scallops. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover the scallops. Broil 5 1/2 inches from the heat source for about 6 minutes; stir well. Broil for 6 minutes longer or until the scallops are tender.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Boston, Boston Uncommon, a Culinary Journey Through Boston’s Distinctive Neighborhoods (The Junior League of Boston 2007)