Lemon Herb Shrimp
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Don't have lemon rind, just leave it out. For lemon rind, finely grate or zest the outside of the lemon to get only lemon peel. Serve with angel hair pasta for a super meal.
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 2teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/2cup chopped green onion
- 2teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2pounds medium shrimp, peeled, salt and peppered
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in resealable plastic bag. Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Refrigerate one hour, time permitting.
- Preheat oven 450F. Place shrimp and marinade on foil lined baking pan. Bake 10 minutes (depending on shrimp size) or until shrimp are done and marinade bubbling. Serve shrimp with sauce.
Dietary Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence (Holly Clegg, 2012)
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 206
- Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 143mg
- Sodium 257mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 16g