Lemon Herb Shrimp
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
French bread pairs well with this fabulous sauce and tasty shrimp.
Don't have lemon rind, just leave it out. For lemon rind, finely grate or zest the outside of the lemon to get only lemon peel. Serve with angel hair pasta for a super meal.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, salt and peppered
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in resealable plastic bag. Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Refrigerate one hour, time permitting.
- Preheat oven 450F. Place shrimp and marinade on foil lined baking pan. Bake 10 minutes (depending on shrimp size) or until shrimp are done and marinade bubbling. Serve shrimp with sauce.
Dietary Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence (Holly Clegg, 2012)