- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Bright and sweet-tart, these carrots make a lively addition to dinner.
Sautéeing in butter, lemon and sugar takes carrots from simple to sublime.
- 1 pound carrots (about 6 medium)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Peel carrots, trim ends, and cut into rounds about 1/3-inch-thick. Boil about 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, lemon juice and thyme; bring to a boil. Add carrots, salt and pepper. Stir well and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and the sauce is almost completely absorbed, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Recipe by Greg Patent.