- Yield 6 servings
This cool and refreshing dessert is perfect served on a hot summer day.
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 -- egg, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- dash salt
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- Chill evaporated milk in ice tray until almost frozen at edges. Combine egg yolk, sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon rind, and salt. Put ice-cold milk and egg white into cold small bowl. Using cold beaters, whip until fluffy. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice; whip until stiff. Beat in sugar mixture at low speed. Put into 1-quart ice try. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top. Freeze until firm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Fort Lauderdale’s Sunny Side Up (Fort Lauderdale, Fl., 1980).