Lemon Eggdrop Soup
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Lemon juice adds a zesty flair to this eggdrop soup.
- 3 -- (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 -- onion, cut into quarters
- 1 -- clove of garlic, minced
- 2 -- carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 -- eggs
- -- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- Combine broth, onion, garlic, carrots, celery and parsley in large saucepan. SImmer for 1 1/2 hours. Beat eggs with lemon juice in bowl. Add a small amount of hot mixture to egg mixture, stirring vigorously. Add egg mixture to hot mixture, stirring vigorously. Cook for several minutes. Stir in rice.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish each serving with a thin slice of lemon.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club’s Main Line Classics II: Cooking Up A Little History (Wayne, Pennsylvania, 1996).