Chicken Lemon Drop Spaghetti
- Yield 6 servings
Hot spaghetti is tossed in an eggy-lemon sauce and topped with sauteed chicken breasts in this quick-and-easy dinner.
- 3 -- lemons, juiced
- 1 -- lemon, zested
- 2 -- garlic cloves, peeled, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 -- green onion, finely sliced
- 20 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 -- skinless,boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 -- eggs, slightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic cloves, salt, pepper, 2/3 cup olive oil, parmesean cheese and sliced green onions. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add pasta and soy sauce. Cook pasta for 9 minutes; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over a medium to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic salt and cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken breasts from skillet and slice thin.
- Drain (hot) pasta, place in a large bowl and toss with beaten eggs. Add lemon sauce mixture and chicken meat; toss well. Serve right away.