Lemon Chicken with Green Beans and Mushrooms
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
Herbes de Provence, a sunny combination of rosemary, marjoram, thyme, savory and lavender, brings life to everything from eggs and scalloped potatoes to lamb and chicken.
- 1cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- 3tablespoons white wine or dry vermouth
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4- to 5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1pound green beans, trimmed and diagonally cut in half (about 4 cups)
- 1/2pound mushrooms, halved or quartered (about 3 cups)
- Whisk broth, lemon juice, wine, flour, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lightly coat chicken with breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add beans and mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Return chicken and any juices to pan. Pour broth mixture over top. Cover and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 0
- Calories 260
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 430mg
- Potassium 640mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 27g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 15%
- Vitamin C 35%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 15%