Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
- 12 cleaned and trimmed chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2cups fresh lemon juice (about 12 lemons)
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/4cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin side up in a large baking dish or sheet pan.
- Whisk olive oil slowly into lemon juice, creating an emulsion. Add vinegar, garlic, red pepper and oregano; whisk well.
- Bake chicken 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Remove chicken to a platter and drain liquid from pan. Return chicken to pan and pour lemon sauce over top. Return to oven and bake 15 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce and bread on the side for dipping.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 520
- Fat 29g
- Cholesterol 180mg
- Sodium 480mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 36g