Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Yield 12 servings
Chicken thighs bathed in a silky lemon sauce is bound to become a new favorite.
- 12 cleaned and trimmed chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 12 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin side up in a large baking dish or sheet pan.
- Whisk olive oil slowly into lemon juice, creating an emulsion. Add vinegar, garlic, red pepper and oregano; whisk well.
- Bake chicken 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Remove chicken to a platter and drain liquid from pan. Return chicken to pan and pour lemon sauce over top. Return to oven and bake 15 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce and bread on the side for dipping.