Lemon Chicken Cappelini
- Yield: servings
- 6-- skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 1/2cup white wine
- 1/2cup lemoncello
- 2whole lemons
- 7cloves garlic
- 1-- jar capers
- -- red pepper flakes to taste
- 3tablespoons ice cold butter
- 2cups basil
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/4cup pine nuts
- 2-- roma tomatoes
- -- angel hair pasta
1. Pound chicken breasts flat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In saute pan on medium heat combine broth, wine, and lemoncello. Add chicken. Zest 1 lemon over chicken. Remove seeds and chop both lemons, add to chicken. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes turning chicken 1/2 way through.
2. While chicken is cooking, in food processor combine basil, pinenuts, 1 clove of garlic, and olive oil. Set aside.
3. Turn heat to low, add butter, garlic, capers and red pepper flakes, simmer uncovered to reduce sauce.
4. Cook angel hair pasta and drain.
5. Toss pesto sauce with pasta.
6. Plate chicken and pasta, drizzle chicken with lemon sauce from pan, top with chopped roma tomatoes.