Lemon Chicken Cappelini
- Yield servings
- 6 -- skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup lemoncello
- 2 whole lemons
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1 -- jar capers
- -- red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 tablespoons ice cold butter
- 2 cups basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 -- roma tomatoes
- -- angel hair pasta
1. Pound chicken breasts flat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In saute pan on medium heat combine broth, wine, and lemoncello. Add chicken. Zest 1 lemon over chicken. Remove seeds and chop both lemons, add to chicken. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes turning chicken 1/2 way through.
2. While chicken is cooking, in food processor combine basil, pinenuts, 1 clove of garlic, and olive oil. Set aside.
3. Turn heat to low, add butter, garlic, capers and red pepper flakes, simmer uncovered to reduce sauce.
4. Cook angel hair pasta and drain.
5. Toss pesto sauce with pasta.
6. Plate chicken and pasta, drizzle chicken with lemon sauce from pan, top with chopped roma tomatoes.