Lemon Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese
- 1cup sugar
- 2large eggs
- 2large egg whites
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (8-ounce) container nonfat lemon yogurt
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Raspberry Sauce (recipe follows)
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed (about 2 cups)
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350F. To prepare the cheesecake: Mix together gingersnap crumbs and margarine and pat along bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating until creamy. Add the flour, lemon rind, yogurt and vanilla.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared crust. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until center is set. Turn oven off, cool cheesecake in oven. Cover and chill 6 to 8 hours. Remove sides of springform pan.
- To prepare the sauce: Combine all ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat, cover and chill. If raspberries are unsweetened, add about 1/3 cup sugar. Makes 1 1/4 cups. Serve with cheesecake.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 238
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 413mg
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 12g