Lemon Cheese Tart
California Milk Advisory Board
- 1 -- partially baked 11-inch tart shell
- 2 1/4 cups (1 lb., 2 oz.) Real California cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 -- grams egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- -- Strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, peaches, nectarines or a mixture
Cream cheese and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla until mixture is just smooth. Pour mixture into partially baked tart shell.
Bake at 350F until filling is firm but not brown, about 30 minutes. Cool thoroughly on a rack.
Decoratively arrange fruit on top of tart; brush with glaze. Cut into wedges.
Glaze: Heat 3 tablespoons apricot jam and 1 teaspoon lemon juice over low heat until jam melts. Force through a sieve; cool.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here