Lemon Cheese Tart
- Yield: servings
- 1 partially baked 11-inch tart shell
- 2 1/4cups (1 lb., 2 oz.) Real California cream cheese, softened
- 1tablespoon lemon zest
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 grams egg
- 1cup sugar
- 1tablespoon salt
- Strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, peaches, nectarines or a mixture
- Cream cheese and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla until mixture is just smooth. Pour mixture into partially baked tart shell.
- Bake at 350F until filling is firm but not brown, about 30 minutes. Cool thoroughly on a rack.
- Decoratively arrange fruit on top of tart; brush with glaze. Cut into wedges.
- Glaze: Heat 3 tablespoons apricot jam and 1 teaspoon lemon juice over low heat until jam melts. Force through a sieve; cool.