Lemon Broccoli Fettuccine
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2pound whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Add broccoli, carrots and sweet onion to pasta during last 3 minutes of cooking. When fettuccine and broccoli are cooked, drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water; set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Add chicken and pasta water; cook until heated through. Add lemon zest, salt and pepper; remove from heat.
- Toss chicken mixture with pasta, vegetables and Parmesan; serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 680
- Cholesterol 67mg
- Sodium 704mg
- Fiber 9g