Lemon Broccoli Fettuccine
- Yield 4 servings
A perfect blend of lemon, broccoli, chicken and pasta.
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Add broccoli, carrots and sweet onion to pasta during last 3 minutes of cooking. When fettuccine and broccoli are cooked, drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water; set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Add chicken and pasta water; cook until heated through. Add lemon zest, salt and pepper; remove from heat.
- Toss chicken mixture with pasta, vegetables and Parmesan; serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids