Lemon Basil Potato Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Try this zesty potato salad at your next cookout.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup slivered fresh basil
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds red new potatoes, cut into quarters
- -- Vegetable oil or cooking spray
- 1 -- red onion, chopped
- 1 -- package fresh spinach, cut into strips
- 10 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- Combine the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the olive oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Drizzle the potatoes with a small amount of vegetable oil in a bowl, tossing to coat lightly. Spread on a baking sheet. Bake at 475F for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Combine the potatoes with the onion and half the dressing mixture in a bowl; toss to coat well. Spoon the spinach into serving bowls or onto plates and drizzle with the remaining dressing mixture and sprinkle with the bacon.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of the Emerald Coast’s Beach Appetit (The Junior League of the Emerald Coast, Inc., 2004).