Lemon Basil Capellini
- Yield 6 servings
Light, fresh, quick and delicious. Delightful as an entree on a warm summer evening.
- Julienned zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 ounces capellini
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to taste
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, olive oil, basil and parsley in a bowl large enough to hold the cooked pasta.
- Cook the pasta using the package directions until al dente and drain.
- Immediately add the hot pasta to the lemon mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide the pasta mixture evenly between two bowls and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano chese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Pasadena, Inc., California Mosaic, A Cookbook Celebrating Cultures and Cuisine (The Junior League of Pasadena, Inc. 2008)