Easy Lemon Bars
- Yield: 24 pieces
- 2cups plus 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2cup powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2cups sugar
- 2/3cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine 2 cups flour with butter and confectioners’ sugar in a 13-by-9 baking pan. Mix together with a fork and press firmly into bottom of pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until lightly done but not browned.
- Beat eggs with mixer. Add sugar; blend well. Add lemon juice and lemon rind; beat well. Add baking powder and remaining flour; beat well. Pour over hot crust; do not let it cool. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle top with additional powdered sugar.
Recipe by Tillie B. Vaughan, Victorville, Calif.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 199
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 56mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 2g